Summary: Credit Managers are responsible for managing customer receivables and financing accounts.
Credit Managers are reliable professionals with a working knowledge behind the areas of credit management, accounting, financial, and business principles. The candidate is a strategic thinker and diligent worker, who maintains a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
The successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
- Works within financial services department.
- Coordinates credit approval process, including but not limited to processing credit applications and initiating inquiries into customer’s bank and trade references.
- Assesses the creditworthiness of potential and existing customers, including establishing payment terms and credit limits.
- Assesses the creditworthiness of customers for internal financing and leasing programs prepares leasing and loan documents and manages collections
- Monitors the credit risk associated with customer accounts.
- Reviews the aging report and coordinates collection of past due amounts.
- Comfortable engaging with customers for difficult and sensitive collection calls.
- Interfaces with appropriate personnel and managers to exchange information, resolve customer issues and disputes, and update records.
- Works closely with sales teams to ensure the closing of deals with customers.
- Performs cash application, creates pro forma invoices, runs credit cards, and other tasks related to customer accounts and receivables.
- Reports to the Vice President of Financial Services, as well as other managers in the department.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as assigned by managers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent preferred; preferred areas of study include accounting, finance, business, economics, or similar fields.
- 2 or more years of experience in accounts receivable and collections.
- Experience with assessment of credit risk, financing underwriting preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a hectic, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Enjoys talking on the phone and in-person communication (ie not afraid to pick up the phone). Considers oneself a “people person.”
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm; ability to multi-task and possess strong organization skills.
- Has a positive mindset; possesses a “Can Do” attitude.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, attention to detail, exceptionally strong quantitative skills.
- Ability to listen and receive feedback from interpersonal interactions; exceptional ability to interact and engage in conversation with management, co-workers, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize and meet project deadlines.
- Possesses a strategic mindset; out of the box thinker.
- Embraces constant changing technologies; seeks efficient and collaborative tools aimed to enhance and simplify departmental functions.
- Possesses a collaborative mindset and outlook.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
- Casual work environment.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA (w/ Company Funding), FSA, 401(k) with match, and numerous other benefit options available.
Apply for This Position
H. Betti Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or status.